Monday, July 11, 2016

My life story

When I am forth grade in school my mom told me to help her take care of 4 female pig .
I and my brothers  need feed 4 female pig with a lot baby pig every day twice . I Have morning school my brother have afternoon school. My brother feed in the morning I feed in evening.
Each female pig can have baby between 12 to 16 depend how many nipple milk they have .
If baby pig born 14 sometime all survive sometime only 12 survive.
Every time female pig delivery baby pig  me an my brother got one each baby pig.
This kind of job look hard and dirty but I can earn enough money to go to school .
We need  feed baby pig between  3  to 6 month  and ready to sell. For baby Guling (pig sukling).


Roughly chop the following ingredients in a food processor. Amounts are approximate and to taste

1 cup peeled ginger
½ cup galangal
15 cloves garlic
15 shallots
8 stalks lemon grass
8 kaffir lime leaves
12 red Thai chilies
3 tbsp coriander seeds
1 tbsp  ground cinnamon
5 piece star anise
1 tbsp Thai shrimp paste
3 tbsp salt
1 cup vegetable oil


babi guling recipeFirst you rub the skin of the pig well with a mix of turmeric, salt, and water until it is bright yellow.

babi guling recipe roast pig
Fill the cavity of the pig with the stuffing and sew shut with bamboo skewers.
place on a wire rack over a drip pan and roast in the oven at 400 degrees for about 2½ to 3 hours.
babi guling recipe
One of the most important parts of the process is basting. You need the water of about 4 coconuts or the liquid of 4 cans of coconut milk. If using coconut milk keep the cans in a refrigerator for about an hour and open the cans from the bottom. This will leave the coconut cream in the can and give you the liquid. Baste the pig with the coconut water every 15 minutes until the pig is done.



I couldn't believe how red and crisp the skin turned out!

whole roast indonesian pig

I cooked some jasmine rice and fried it with the drippings from the tray along with some chopped kale, chilies and green onions. and served it with cucumber coriander and chopped peanuts


babi guling sucking pig bali recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment